Saturday, June 27, 2009

MY GLASS IS BROKEN, SO IS MY HEART

I just wanted to be a good person, washing up the dishes in the kitchen when there was no one at home. It was not like I don’t wash dishes before, in fact, doing the dishes is always my kind of thing. Where ever I go, I always take this ‘basuh pinggan tender’, especially at kenduris and all. So, wut I’m trying to say is, washing the dishes is not too alienated to me.

So, why, out of many-many days that I wash the dishes, it was today that was fated for my ROYAL DOULTON GLASS to slipped out from my grab at the sink and immediately bumped into other ROYAL DOULTON GLASS and there it was, BROKE!!!

Do you know how it felt when a car hit the road divider and another car hit the first car and a lorry come by only to squeeze them smaller and all three drivers are bleeding and screaming painfully and it happen right in front of your eyes???

That is exactly how I felt when that glass dropped.

Exaggerating? Absolutely not!!




Do u know how much I spent for the set of glasses?? Fine, it wasn’t much. Only 20pounds per set. THAT”S MY POINT!! I mean, how cheap can u get for ROYAL DOULTON merchandise? Even the plain very small ashtray will cost you RM490 here in Malaysia.

There is a huge difference between getting something as present, buying things with your mum’s money and buying things with your own scholarship money while you are miles away from home. I started to like ROYAL DOULTON AND ROYAL ALBERT COLLECTIONS since March 2006. I found some good and cheap ones at EBAY and I started to purchase them. The like became addiction. I did spend a lot on those things, only to know that these things are so worth it.

My favourite collection of course is the WINE GLASSES. Not that I drink wine, but no harm having such beautiful sexy glasses in one of my cabinets, right? Another one is the whisky crystal glass. If you hold it up, it is much heavier than 6 normal glass of its size. The very detail decorations just astonished me so much.

Now, one of them is already broken. I told PAKCIK and he promised a small funeral for it. We are going to bury it at a place where we both treasure.


I’m still crying over my glass.

1 comment:

  1. crap...

    im so sorry.my heart goes out to u... T_T

    it deserved a proper funeral.

    ReplyDelete