Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SCARY MOMENT

While others are enjoying their holidays, I am facing such a difficult time. The holiday started with some meaningful activities, meeting with old friends at the juniors’ convo, spa session with my best girl, EQIN, and then I drove back home to JOHOR.

I visited my grandfather who recently married (once again). He had been well. Last time I visited him, he was having high fever. But I was glad he was ok now. He had been eating well, according to my new step-grandmother. But things were not so well on my grandma. She had been unconscious and her sugar level had risen up. She was then sent to the hospital and warded, of course.

It was a scary moment. She wouldn’t wake up. She wouldn’t open her eyes even how hard we tried to wake her up. She wouldn’t respond in any way. She wouldn’t eat and drink. Everyone was so scared.

Looking at her so pale and unwell, the memories flashed back. I was living with her, whom I called as MAKTUK, and my grandfather, ABAH. I was the only grandchildren that they got to take care of. So, I was being pampered, and rather spoilt. But at least I turned out quite good as compared to other grandchildren.

I didn’t get to say goodbye to ABAH. He passed away when I was busy sitting for monthly test in so called ‘the best boarding school’. My family kept the news from me for 3 months. THREE MONTHS I assumed that ABAH was getting better and alive. But in actual fact, he was buried six feet under. I felt the utmost betrayal.

Again, they must have done that for a reason, which I wouldn’t understand up till now. So I warned MAK and AYAH to update me with every single detail about my only MAKTUK and TOKYAH, the only grandmother and grandfather that I still have right now.

Yesterday, MAKTUK was discharged. Everybody was happy. She had been a little better, but still hadn’t got to her own feet yet. My scary moment had gone away. I hope for ever.


Dear God, you have given me such wonderful maktuk and tokyah, but I am not ready to give them back to you yet. So please let them live as I and other family members still need them, so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment