
My dad raised me up with only RM180 per month. Those days, that was the only salary he could get due to his lack of qualification in education. He married my mum very young, thus money always was his problem. But I didn’t know why, somehow he managed.
He was such a fierce person, the fiercest I have seen. Never once I dared to share things with him. When he got back from work, I would lock myself in the room. I once got a ‘C’ in my BAHASA ARAB in sekolah agama. I became so scared that I studied under the dining table to avoid him. I was once being caned just because I cycled further than I supposed to during my play time.
He was also the most impossible person, very much impossible in any way. He always had the final say in anything. I didn’t dare to argue with him as finally he would win.
But as I grew older, he became one of my closest friends. Since I left home for boarding school, we became very much attached. He backed me up in most of the things, trying hard to understand my needs. Although at certain point he became very much over protective, I could not blame him. He raised me up till I was 12, and that was it. He became protective because he didn’t have enough time to set his eyes on me. He thought that raising me for 12 years was not enough and he wanted more. Maybe that is why at the age of 25, I am still his ‘little’ girl. .
Now that I have all grown up, dad still calls me ‘sayang’ like those days. He still kisses me on my forehead every time I got home. He still checks on my whereabouts. He still asks whether or not I wear my socks before I go to sleep. Sometimes, dad would call to remind me about renewing my licence, paying my bills, and many more which normally I would have settled them before hand. Mum said, sometime my dad forgot how big I am now. He forgot that I could handle things on my own.
Yet, he is still the best daddy. Though he raised me up with little money, he never once let me felt that I was poor. He would give whatever I wanted. It is now time forme to give him every thing he had ever wanted, like Ray Ban sunglasses, Casio watch and Calvin Klein wallet. But those would never pay up all his sacrifices before.
If only he would understand my one and only wish now, he is such an angel.
AYAH, HAPPY FATHERS’ DAY.
a very wonderful post! =)
ReplyDelete