Monday, December 28, 2009

THE STORY OF THE NOTEBOOK


It was a story book, so they say. I have definitely heard of the title, but never had I been bothered to read the best-selling novel by Nicholas Sparks called The Notebook.


It was a long time ago.


Until one day, a very boring day, I locked myself in the room doing nothing but surfing the net. There was these quizzes in Facebook that people kept on answering, something like “What kind of men you attracted to” or “What song you are” or “Which celebrity you are” and so on.

So, out of tedium, I answered some of the quizzes. Of course I would not believe any of the things said in the quizzes. Some of the things were true, as in coincidently true. Like the kind of guy I was attracted to was the bad guys, which was true. I always had the urge about some bad boys, but not all kind. Of course I wouldn’t find murderers attractive.


There was another quiz about the things that were always in my handbag. It answered “handphone, tissue, ipod and camera” which were all true. But of course there were other things in my handbags too but my point was, they were relatively true.


I answered a quiz about “WHAT MOVIE YOUR LOVE STORY IS”. The answer given to me was THE NOTEBOOK.


I didn’t know what devil got into me, but I went all over to find the novel. I went all over to find the movie. And finally, I found both after a long search. Seriously, it’s not like I believed every single thing about the quiz. I didn’t believe anything about the quiz at all. I just wanted to fill in my curiosity. I wanted to know what the story was all about. And maybe, I wanted to see if they are coincidentally similar with my love story, again.


But I watched the movie, and I read the novel.


And I heard myself said,


“Shit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment