Sunday, July 5, 2009

THE SUCKEST BIRTHDAY

On Friday, I went to school half prepared. We had bacaan Yasin early morning and I dedicated it to the best people around me. Half of the day, my colleagues and I helped the kids to practise for the Malam Kebudayaan at the stupid camp. 12.05 sharp, I punched out and drove my car home to send lunch for my housemate, Zila and straight away headed to meet Makmal.

Owh, btw, did I mention that Makmal is my friend back in IPBA? We both started to keep in touch after Yusse’s wedding which we went together. Apparently we got to know that both of us were applying Masters at the same University under the same Faculty.

Then, we started to keep each other updates about new postgraduates in UM and decided to go for the registration together. So, I picked her up in Tmn Melawati. We arrived in UM just in time for a cup of drink, a little discussion about which classes to take and then we went to register as the new postgraduate students in University of Malaya. We also headed to the Faculty of Language and Linguistics, the faculty that we are under, to get all information that we missed during the briefing in the morning, which neither one of us could come due to our duty in school.

I reached home just in time to have a bath and a short rest. Then, PAKCIk called to ask me out for dinner and a birthday celebration. DAMN, I forgot that it was my birthday eve. I remembered about it yesterday, but it seemed to get away. I got myself ready for a little treat.

Btw, did I mention that I had headache and flu and cough? But I tried to pull it together because I knew PAKCIK must had plan something. Frankly, he is not romantic at all, which made it a lot sweeter when he tried to plan something for me. He bought a set HYPNOSE LANCOME for me. I used it before in 2006 to 2008 but recently I used MISS DIOR CHERIE BLOOMING BOUQUET. I guess he didn’t really like the smell so he bought me the one he liked.

We had a fine dinner at PJ Hilton. We talked and laughed. Then, we went in to The Uncle Chilli’s, the PJ Hilton’s bar which I am very familiar with. We listened to music, danced a bit and watched some shows and then I asked to be sent home because I was so sleepy and tired. When arrived home, it was 03.00am.

Three hours later, I woke up. I did final check on my stuff. At 7.15am, I started my journey to THE GENTING VALLEY CAMP, Ulu Yam. I had a map in my hand, which was drawn by a colleague of mine. The map was so helpful, thanks to him. In the middle of the way, I came across two nasty accidents which delayed my journey for almost 45 minutes. I got scared and nervous and I cried. The routes were so scary. I stopped at the roadside to get my strength back.

I arrived at the camp just a few minutes before they went off for the jungle trekking. Damn. I didn’t plan to join them, especially when I knew I was not capable of doing so due to the flu and headache and cough. I went off still but with a hell of a face. I was back to my high school time, redah hutan, lalang, lumpur, sungai and many more. I used to like these activities before sooo much, but NOT NOW. I WAS 25 YEARS OLD TODAY AND I JUST DON’T NEED THOSE STUFF!!! Plus, I got some rashes al over my neck and hands. It seriously was itchy and I kept scratching

In the evening, after those tiring activities, I went into the river with ZAMILAH and THERESA. KAK YUS joined in later and we had our little picnic. It was peaceful for a moment. But it got my flu and cough worse.

During the Malam Kebudayaan, I was so sleepy. I didn’t want to become the emcee with such a sleepy face, so someone else had to do it for me reluctantly. I noticed that someone had been bermasam muka with me since the jungle trekking. I guess he was made at me, but I couldn’t understand why.

I went back to sleep for a while, planning to get up at 1.00am because I was on duty for the night watch. But then, I only woke up when the clock had shown 5.50am. it wasn’t my fault, I had set the alarm and I had asked a friend of mine to wake me up, but both didn’t seem to work. But then, I heard from another friend that the person who was already so bermasam muka with me, was so angry that I didn’t join the night watch. He said I was so irresponsible and I had to hear that from other person.

Fine, it was my mistake, I as not the only one who didn’t go for the night watch. There were many more and he didn’t masam muke pun with the others. Pus, macamlah he didn’t have my number or knew my room. He could have called or knocked the door, kan? But he didn’t. so, he just wanted to make a point to be soooo angry with me. But, hey, I didn’t give a bloody shit. Dah datang situ pun dah cukup bagus, dengan keadaan separuh sihat. Siap suruh join all the activities.

But just as I prayed, God did lend me His little piece of strength to me. I went through the suckest birthday with the best spirit. PAKCIK offered me to get a medical cert so that I could rest at home tomorrow. Looking at me with such tired face, unenergetic, sick, suffered with flu and cough, plus the rashes that got my skin all red, I guess he felt sorry. See, he is the most annoying guy in my life yet he is the only person who cares and concerns about e the most. But I declined the med cert. I wanted to go to school to meet the kids because I knew they would cheer me up. I’m sure they would because they are the purest features in the world.

Btw, today is the FIFTH YEAR ANNIVERSARY of me and PAKCIK. On the way home from Ulu Yam, I went to a sports centre and bought him a pouch. His old one is rotten and plus I got it into the mud. I felt guilty so I bought him a new one.

Tonight, I shall go out again. I don’t want my suckest weekend to spoil the whole thing about my newly 25-years-old life. I will talk about the wish in my next entry. As for now, I need to get myself ready for CAPTAIN’S CABIN: THE SHIP to watch CHEMISTRY.

1 comment:

  1. it must be tiring. haha i couldnt imagine myself go to camping again at the age of 25. u r right. I WAS 25 YEARS OLD TODAY AND I JUST DON’T NEED THOSE STUFF!!! so true~:) sabar yerh cik julie. i noe u r such a strong lady~

    ReplyDelete