Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RAYA AND IT'S PREPARATION


This year’s Ramadhan almost reaching the end. But I barely feel the tiredness and the hunger and the thirst. Partly because Kuala Lumpur always gets the rain and rarely gets the sunshine. Another thing is because of the overloading workload and the limited free time. Well, I do get some free time, but I barely enjoy it.

At first, I wanted to do very low-profile shopping on Raya, very ‘sederhana’ kind of preparation. I bought my parents a set of baju kurung and baju melayu each, and also for my sister. I thought of just using my old baju kurung as baju raya. But then, last week Za came over. Za is a friend from IPBA. We were so close during foundation year but I can’t remember why we sort of splitting up. But it was old story. The fact that she came over was good enough.

We spent the weekend with some kind of heavy SHOPPING SPREE. I really mean heavy, literally and metaphorically. There goes my ‘sederhana’ preparation. Ended up spending Rm500 at Jalan TAR only. But not for myself only, mainly for my uncles and aunts and also my parents. We went out from noon till 12 at night almost. What a crazy day. It must be even great if Eqin could join us.

But frankly, these are the kind of things that make me happy. Friends coming over and spend their weekend with me. I’m not from Johor, so when I was posted to Kl, I only have my boyfriend around. Well, I do have some other friends, but hello, how often they wanna meet me? Plus, they are all some kind of engineers and lawyers and doctors who work their ass out, not like me, a ‘cabuk’ teacher ii the middle of the city who work half day, kan (don’t get me wrong, I love my job so much). Not that I am bosan with my bf (well, sometimes I do), but hey, I need girlfriends too,kan?

My school is off on Friday, so I might ponteng my Masters class in UM too and head home on Friday morning. I already prepare myself for the terrible traffic jammed. Something I cant really avoid. I hope my family loves things that I already buy for them, which remind me that I have to get ready RM 1600 for duit raya. HUHU.. (Takpe, sedekah..people will pray for us..)

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI
MAAF ZAHIR BATIN

1 comment:

  1. I have to get ready RM 1600 for duit raya.

    pergghhhh tuh tak dpt bonus tuh.. kalau ada bonus mau 5K ..huhu

    mana laki aku..

    Ayang... jom raya rumah Julie.. dia bagi duit raya!!!!

    =P

    ReplyDelete