Friday, May 22, 2009

DANCE TILL MY FEET HURT

I had been very busy. Not only with the work at school (like marking books, preparing for exams, bla bla bla), my tuitions (I have like 5 tuition classes per week) and my personal life (like dating, go for manicure and jogging), but I also involve in a cultural show which IPBA will be representing Malaysia in a dance show. So, I have been going back and forth from Wangsa Maju to Bangsar to have the practise. Twice a week bacially that I have to drive all the way and sacrifice my leisure nights to dance till my feet hurt. Surprisingly, the sweat makes me healthier.

That is my point. Though I am busy, but it really makes me look happier and more active. I recall my life last year, when I first entered the teaching profession. No doubt this job is such a tiring job, and then I made it look even more tiring. I devoted my life too much to the school. My life was all about school. Guess what, for the whole last year, I didn’t even go to saloon, let alone to spa and clubbing. My life started as early as 6.00am, got home from school and I would be marking the students’ books, by 10.00 pm I would be on the bed already. My weekends, gosh it was so boring. I cannot recall me enjoying my life last year. No, not at all.

So, this year, I told PAKCIK, I’m 25 and the clock is ticking. I can’t go through my mid 20s with such a dull life. So, I decided to make a little change. Not big change pun actually. It’s just I wanna be myself again. Lively and outgoing.

So, here are some changes I make for myself. Maybe anyone who is reading might be inspired by this. Ahaks.

1) I go to school every day, then after school, I will stay back for a while to mark students’ work and plan for tomorrow’s classes so that I will not carry my stuff back home.


2) After school is the time where I will go to banks to settle bills or post office. I will also do grocery shopping at this time, coz less people and more parking spaces. Shorter queue too. Ahaks.

3) Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at night I already have tuition classes. So, I free up my Thursday and Friday night. Thursday night I will go to surau for Islamic educational talk. This one I hardly miss coz PAKCIK will make such a great issue out of it if I don’t go.

4) Friday nights will be a night for me and PAKCIK. Normally I will hang out with him after his badminton practise, then we usually spend time at Hartamas Square or anywhere yang best.

5) I go for dance classes over the weekend at some dance academy around here. Not all weekends la.. because the classes normally for 3 hours. So, I need to find a solid 3 hours which I can get rest after that because the class is quite tiring.

6) If I don’t go for dance class, I will spend my money at the saloon. Stylish up my hair a bit and do manicure and pedicure. Sometimes, I will spend my hard-work money at a spa nearby. Just to get some massages and mandi2. syok. Really relaxing.

7) Most Saturdays I have school activities. So, I will hang out with PAKCIK after that. We’ll do few things like g for snow wash for my ENCHANTED or taking her for her service. Sometimes we go for jogging in the evening or a movie at night. If he has friends around, we will go for clubbing because he knows how much I love dancing. But basically, it is my dating time la.

8) Sundays are for me. Normally, I will start my day with a long jog early morning. It really loosens me up. Then I meet friends and hang out with them. Girls’ day out. If I wanna find anything this is the time, like nak cari dress for a dinner ke, nak beli foundation ke, anything lah. I will make sure that I got home before night because I need to iron my baju for work the next day.

9) In addition to this rigid time-table (as most people know, I’m the kind who plan things and stick with it. ahaks), I also make myself available for some other ‘co-curricular’ activities; eg, make over workshop (I got new knowledge and some new friends), Bobbi Brown High Tea, parties and weddings, F1 race at Sepang International Circuit, theatres and Car Accessories Clearance Auction.

Surprising or not, these activities make me active. I hardly get migraine and I hardly sick this year. Normally when I got flu, it wont recover until the next few months but this time I got flu, it only last for a week!!!

Right now, I am practising with PEWARIS IPBA, an organisation that I help to build during my college year, to perform the best during the show evening. We will be representing MALAYSIA in performing some cultural dances at the EDUCATIONAL MINISTRY OF THE COMMONWEALTH COUNTRIES ANNUAL CONVENTION. It sounds so BIG so we have to work our ass out. As for my part, I am so flattered that I am still in the team. It is a good scene to see how PEWARIS has grown big so beautifully. During my time in college, people hate PEWARIS, but now, not only that it’s a registered body in IPBA, it also accepted and being appreciated. God knows how much money I spend for fuel and toll each time I go there, but I didn’t feel a slight waste at all. Like PAKCIK said and I quote. “Kalau bab menari, tak reti penat. Sanggup je ulang alik jauh-jauh. Biar sampai lebam-lebam kaki pun sanggup jugak.”

It is partly true. No, almost 100% true. But I am happy because I become happier. I guess, mental, emotion and physical of you need to be balanced to lead a healthy life. AGREE??

1 comment:

  1. babe.. number 2 is sooo true! i do that as well..no need to berebut dgn orang. and sometimes if there are so many people at some places, i always say.. these people tak pegi keje?!! sibuk je aku nak shopping2. hehe..

    your dancing thingy tuh i cannt say anything la..bcos its ur thing. haha. so have fun at it while u still can.

    yang aku jeles tuh.. u can go spa2 manicure pedicure.. ni sapa ajar nih?!!! isk isk.. jeles nih.. aku ni asyik berangan je nak pegi.. pegi nye tak jugak!! huhuhu..

    my weekend full with trying to be a gud wife..haha..

    ReplyDelete